Once per day, I need to kill off or end a technician’s Track-It session as they leave their session open and go to lunch or home and make it impossible for other technicians in the department to get into Track-It and update their tickets. It is one of the Helpdesk Support software that I am familiar with and can assist you. To kill off the session so others can get in or if they have your ticket open, here is what you need to do.
What You Will Need
* Access to one logged in account
* A working keyboard and mouse
* Have Technicians use the web version of Track-It.
* Configure the Auto Logout Period for Track-It.
Ending the Session
01. Press the F9 key for the Administration Console.
Note: If your F9 key does not respond, choose Tools on the Menu.
02. Navigate to the Lookup Tables.
03. Navigate to Administration.
04. Navigate to Technicians.
05. Double click the logged in technician.
06. Navigate to the General tab then Account Status section.
07. Uncheck the Locked checkbox at the bottom.
The technician(s) will be forcefully logged out of Track-It once you hit Save button. Any changes that was not saved by the technician will be lost. To log out other technicians, please repeat step 5 through step 7.
I hope that helps in your search on how to kill a Track-It Technician session or to release a Work Order that is open.