When an Epson Scanner is not working on Windows, it is usually the driver needed for the hardware to operate properly. To solve it, you will do the following.
* Save then close all your open documents.
* Log out of the account.
* Log into an account in the local administrator group.
* Uninstall the scanner from the Control Panel.
* Uninstall the Epson Document Capture Pro.
* Restart the computer.
* Log back into the account used for the uninstall.
* Install the suite for the Epson Scanner
* Test scanning (see note) from the Control Panel
* Test scanning from the Epson Document Capture Pro.
Note: Not all printers support scanning from the Control Panel and will throw up a “You need a WIA driver to use this device” so hence the capture software. If not included, then you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro since it can scan to PDF for easy sharing.