When an Epson Scanner is not working on Windows, it is usually the driver needed for the hardware to operate properly. To solve it, you will do the following.
* Save then close all your open documents.
* Log out of the account.
* Log into an account in the local administrator group.
* Uninstall the scanner from the Control Panel.
* Uninstall the Epson Document Capture Pro.
* Restart the computer.
* Log back into the account used for the uninstall.
* Install the suite for the Epson Scanner
* Test scanning (see note) from the Control Panel
* Test scanning from the Epson Document Capture Pro.
Note: Not all printers support scanning from the Control Panel and will throw up a “You need a WIA driver to use this device” so hence the capture software. If not included, then you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro since it can scan to PDF for easy sharing.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023