The Dell Optiplex 755 is a great computer as it can run macOS, PrimeOS, Ubuntu, and Windows so when educational institutions put them up for auction, they are grabbed up quickly, cleaned up, and brought to life with the installation of Random Access Memory (RAM) and a Hard Disk Drive.
The first Operating System that users will attempt is Microsoft Windows and that is due to them having an install disc lying around from another Dell computer. Unfortunately, once the installation is done with and versions of Windows 7 or later, I will usually get a call reporting that there is no sound on a Dell Optiplex 755 and what to do to fix it.
1. Launch any of the free Internet browsers that you have installed.
2. In the search bar, enter Dell Optiplex 755 drivers and let it search.
3. Click only on URLs pointing to Dell’s website.
4. Under the Operating System option, select Windows Vista.
5. Under Category, select the Audio option.
6. Download the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated High Definition Audio Driver.
Since you are running Windows 7 and later, you need run the installer in compatibility mode. That’s it! You can now go ahead and install Ubuntu and macOS.