If restarting your device does not solve your issue, here are a few simple tips to know before requesting technical support. By keeping these things in mind before, during and after making a request, it will aid you in getting a permanent solution to your problem.
•Gather as much information as possible on your issue.
•Have a main and secondary phone number where you can be reached.
•Have a secondary email address for written instructions and attachments.
•Provide any additional information requested by the technician.
– Provide the exact nature of the problem(s).
– Identify which application(s) are experiencing problems.
– List or Images of error messages that are displayed.
– The Operating system (DOS, Windows, Macintosh OS or UNIX) being used.
– Where you were/are located when you have the problem.
– What approximate date(s) and time(s) you experience the problem.
– How you are accessing the network (locally or via dial-up).
•Don’t make changes to any configuration or files.
•Ask for solutions to avoid or minimize the problems in the future.
•Request information to give to Technical Support should the problem returns.