If you or someone that you are assisting is having an issue when printing to a Ricoh Multifunction Printer, it could be due to one or more of the following.
01. No drivers as the HDD was replaced.
02. No driver as the employee is a new hire.
03. No PIN as the user is not on their own PC.
04. No PIN as one is not created.
05. Missing PIN as the user was not present during install.
06. No IP address as it was added manually instead of choosing from the installer.
07. Wrong IP Address as the user switched department.
08. Copier is unplugged or turned off.
09. The Ethernet cable is missing or unplugged.
10. No paper in the trays.
11. Tray is not fully closed.
12. Wrong PIN due to typo or using employee access PIN.
13. Sent to the wrong printer (ie. Department printer).
14. Trying to print a PDF with Microsoft Edge or Chrome instead of Adobe Reader DC.
15. Print with the number of copies set to 0 or a letter of the alphabet.
16. User tried to impress IT by installing the printer on their own.
If you are given a replacement drive for your computer due to malware or any other issue, there is a chance that the drivers for the Ricoh MP were not added especially if the organization utilizes different models as installing the incorrect driver can cause a potential issue.
If the drivers are correctly installed, a PIN (up to 8 digits) may be required to print and this could be missing, added incorrectly, or is not yet given permission to print. To find out, access the Ricoh Multifunction Printer in the browser and look at the last few print jobs. If it says that you do not have the privilege to use this function, that indicates the administrator has to give it to you or the PIN is incorrect.
I noticed that a few associates in the IT Department had issues when they tried to install a Ricoh Multifunction Printer because they took the easy route and let Windows try to do it for them. Unfortunately, Windows is not smart enough to do so if the Ricoh Multifunction Printer was added via the IP address using the print wizard instead of the Ricoh installation drivers.
If Malwarebytes Nebula Agent or Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent is on the Windows PC, be prepared to have printer issues. The Ricoh Multifunction Printer will either be shown offline which will require you to reset the spooler every time the Agent is updated.
* Ricoh MP 7603
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023