Are you in need of Microsoft’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1? Before you can install Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, you will be informed that you need Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on your system if it is lacking.
1. Go to the download page on the Microsoft website.
2. Select Install Instructions to see which packages are available for download, and make note of the one that you need.
3. Select the appropriate language from the drop-down list, and then select Download.
4. Select the packages you need to install, select Next, and then follow the instructions to install SP1. Your PC might restart a few times during the installation.
5. After SP1 is installed, sign in to your PC. You might see a notification indicating whether the update was successful. If you disabled your antivirus software before the installation, make sure you turn it back on.