Have you ever wondered how to convert serial numbers to dates? If you are an Excel user, that thought may have crossed your mind at least once and here is how it can be done.
The serial number 39,938 is Tuesday, May 5, 2009. For us to get there, here is what you need to do.
Getting the Year
1. Divide 39,938 by 365 to get approximately 109.42.
2. Save your 109.42 in your calculator’s memory for later.
3. Add 1900 to 109.42 to get 2009 for the year.
Getting the Month
4. Subtract 109 from your 109.42.
5. Next, multiply by 365 to get 153.
6. Divide 153 by 30 is equal to 5 which is May.
Getting the Date
7. Subtract the 5 then multiply the 0.1 by 49 to get 4.9
8. The 4.9 can be rounded off to 5 which is Tuesday.
The following two tabs change content below.
Technology Support Specialist at Sipylus
About The Author: Stephan Pringle is an Information Technology Support Specialist. He covers hardware and software and provides tips for you to troubleshoot and repair issues on your own. In his spare time, he writes articles about the State of New York on his Hackintosh and HackBook and that has helped him to become the top contributor of the New York City section of Yahoo! Answers.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023