If the HP LaserJet 9050n printer does not turn on, there are usually six things to check but more than likely, it will be one of two things: The Formatter or the Power Supply Unit.
1. The formatter went bad and needs to be replaced.
2. The power supply unit (PSU) went bad and needs to be replaced.
3. The power cord is loose/unplugged and needs to be reconnected.
4. The power strip or outlet is damaged and needs to be replaced.
5. The breaker or power strip is turned off and needs to be corrected.
5. The power button is damaged and needs to be repaired.
6. The printer has consumable parts missing.
00:00 – HP LaserJet 9050n will not power up.
00:30 – Channel Intro.
00:37 – Reset the power module and test the wall outlet.
00:44 – Test the printer Power button or switch.
00:51 – Test the power with another compatible power cord.
00:58 – Test the power without the USB cable.
01:05 – Service the printer.
01:08 – Left view of the printer.
01:13 – Unplug power and ethernet cable.
01:41 – Rosewill Tool Kit.
02:15 – Phillips Head Bit.
03:21 – Formatter.
06:37 – A torn piece of paper.
07:55 – Power Supply Unit.
10:10 – Bad printer storeroom.
11:30 – Replacement PSU from the bad printer.
12:36 – 4 black power supply screws.
13:35 – Status of the power button.
13:52 – Fan noises mean it is fixed.
14:00 – Formatter is not yet installed.
14:45 – Pending print jobs that came out.
15:20 – The printer is working successfully.