I wanted to test the compatibility of some programs so I tried installing macOS Catalina on a Fennec Hackintosh System with the date in 2025. Naturally, it failed. I then had to use the workaround I implemented when I was installing OS X Mavericks.
1. I grabbed a copy of OS X from the Internet. (2 hours over Wi-Fi)
2. I followed the tips in creating a USB Installer. (20 minutes)
3. I then use the release date workaround to install successfully. (45 minutes)
4. I completed the Fennec Hackintosh System.
With Catalina now installed, this gave me access to download Big Sur.
The following two tabs change content below.
Technology Support Specialist at Sipylus
About The Author: Stephan Pringle is an Information Technology Support Specialist. He covers hardware and software and provides tips for you to troubleshoot and repair issues on your own. In his spare time, he writes articles about the State of New York on his Hackintosh and HackBook and that has helped him to become the top contributor of the New York City section of Yahoo! Answers.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023