I wanted to test the compatibility of some programs so I tried installing OS X Mavericks on a Fennec Hackintosh System and a laptop. The Fennec Hackintosh System went easily (due to a missing CR2032 battery which reset the date) but the laptop had problems as its battery was installed. After comparing the two systems, I found the only difference was the system date and was then able to install it successfully on the desktop, the laptop, and in the Virtual Machine environment. Below are resources I hope will aid you in doing the same.
1. I grabbed a copy of OS X from the Internet. (2 hours over Wi-Fi)
2. I followed the tips in creating a USB Installer. (20 minutes)
3. I then use the release date workaround to install successfully. (45 minutes)
4. I completed the Fennec Hackintosh System.
With Mavericks now installed, this gave me access to download Yosemite, El Capitan, and all the later releases that follow.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023