How do you lock or unlock Dell speakers? It is simple to do and takes most computer users less than 60 seconds to complete the task. If you do not have access to the User’s Guide because the monitor was bought used or is simply one that you use at work, these steps will be able to help you.
What You May Need
* 6″ Flat Screwdriver (Loosen VGA Cables)
* 6″ Phillips Screwdriver (Loosen DVI Cables)
* Dust Rag (Protect LCD from Scratches)
Basic Locking/Unlocking Procedure
1. Power off the monitor using the power button.
2. Carefully disconnect the power and video cables.
3a. If locking, slide the soundbar to the left to lock it unto the clips.
3b. If unlocking, slide the soundbar to the right to unlock it from the clips.
4. Reattach the power and video cables.
5. Power on the monitor.
If you skipped turning off the monitor and now see a lock icon when touching any of the buttons which can be used to change a setting, you will need to follow the monitor unlocking tips.