Are you seeing yellow numerical lights on a Dell PC when you turn it on and nothing to the connected monitor? If so, please try the following to see if you have a power supply or memory issue.
01. Power off the computer. Hold the power button for 5 seconds if needed.
02. Disconnect the power cable to prevent the PC from restarting.
03. Press the power button twice while the power cors is disconnected.
04. Carefully remove all the RAM (Random Access Memory) sticks.
03. Reconnect the power cord and start the computer.
04. Listen for six beeps from the internal speaker.
05. Power of the computer once the beeping ends.
06. Disconnect the power cable once again.
06. Carefully add one RAM stick to the computer.
07. Reconnect the power cord and start the computer.
07. Watch front panel of the PC and screen on the monitor
08. Correct any error messages.
If the issue is still the same, the RAM (memory) could be incompatible/defective or the slot on the motherboard. To find out which, you should now power off the computer and switch the RAM to another slot then power it on again. If the computer now works properly after the switch, then you have just confirmed that the slot on the motherboard might be bad. To see if your remaining memory are working fine, keep swapping and booting until the last RAM stick. When all RAM sticks are confirmed to be working, you can now then reinstall them all for normal PC operation.
What You Should Know
Dell, as with most companies, provides warranty on their products so expect to find your warranty period between one and three years. Please be aware that the replacement motherboard sent from Dell may be a refurbished one when replaced under warranty.