Have you been seeing the browser that’s perfect for touch message when using Internet Explorer? It appears when you have alternate free Internet browsers installed and set and them as the default browser. If it is bothering you while using the browser, here is how to fix it.
01. Open Internet Explorer the way you normally do.
02. Click on the Tools button on the menu bar.
03. Select Internet Options at the bottom of the list.
04. Select the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window.
05. Scroll the the Browsing section.
06. Deselect Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser.
07. Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
08. Select the General tab in the Internet Options window.
09. Remove res://ieframe.dll/defaultbrowser.htm if it is listed.
10. Click on the OK button to close the window.
With these changes, you should no longer see the following message in the browser.
Don’t miss out on the browser
built for Windows
Set Internet Explorer as your default browser to
get a fast, full-screen browser that’s perfect for
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023