Most companies and educational institutions set a limit on the number of copies an employee can make in a given time frame (so it is not abused) and to get around this, the employee will do massive printing on the office network printer. If you are the boss or are a staff member in the IT Department with the task of preventing it, you could try and enable mopier mode to limit this from happening. To enable mopier mode, please try the following. Keep in mind, if users are not connected through a print server and instead connected with the IP address, you will have to visit each machine instead of making one change on the print server. Since employees can print remotely over VPN, late at night or on weekends, you should make sure employees print through a server so that you can kill off a corrupted job remotely so other employees are not delayed printing their documents.
* HP Color LaserJet 5550 (Keep Mopier Disabled)
* HP LaserJet 8000N (Keep Mopier Disabled)
To Enable Mopier Mode: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
01. Bring up the Run window by using your mouse or keyboard.
02. Type control printers then press the OK button.
03. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click your Printer.
04. Select Printer Properties.
05. Click the Device Settings Tab.
06. Scroll down to the bottom. If necessary, expand Installable Options.
07. Click on Mopier Mode
08. Unselect the Disable option in the selection box that appears
09. Click Apply
Note: Mopier Mode is now enabled but be aware, you may not be able to get multiple copies through Microsoft Office (ie. Outlook and Word) but Microsoft Notepad will continue to work fine.