Most companies and educational institutions set a limit on the number of photocopies an employee can make in a given time frame (so it is not abused) and to get around this, the employees will do massive printing on the office network printer. If you have an error printing multiple copies, this could be a setting issue where Mopier Mode is enabled by default or was configured by the IT Department. To disable mopier mode, please try the following.
Affected Printer Models
* HP Color LaserJet 5550 (Keep Mopier Disabled)
* HP LaserJet 8000N (Keep Mopier Disabled)
* Printer does not support collation
* Adobe InDesign
* Microsoft Office
To Disable Mopier Mode: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 via Print Server.
01. Contact the IT Department or user sharing the printer as your settings will be grayed out.
To Disable Mopier Mode: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 via IP Address.
01. Bring up the Run window by using your mouse or keyboard.
02. Type control printers then press the OK button.
03. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click your Printer.
04. Select Printer Properties.
05. Click the Device Settings Tab.
06. Scroll down to the bottom. If necessary, expand Installable Options.
07. Click on Mopier Mode then go to step 9., if missing, step 8.
8a. If Mopier Mode is missing, see if you have PCL6 drivers
8b. If PCL6 drivers, uninstall it and install the PCL5 drivers.
8c. Now reset the print spooler and try to print multiple copies.
8d. If copies still fail, repeat steps 1 through 7.
09. Select Disable in the selection box that appears.
10. Click Apply.
Mopier Mode is now disabled and you should now get multiple copies. Keep in mind that doing multiple copies on a printer will put a strain on the printer parts (ie. fuser, roller, cartridge, etc) and you risk incurring frequent paper jams. Since copiers are often leased with a Service Contract, it is better it put wear on those copiers instead of your purchased and out-of-warranty printers.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw - Friday, April 14, 2023